A gorgeous Thanksgiving Day is on tap for the Topeka area on Thursday, as Topeka-area residents should see plenty of sunshine with highs in the lower-60s.
A chance of rain enters the picture Thursday night and continues into Black Friday, as highs should be in the mid-50s.
Sunshine and highs in the lower-60s are expected Saturday, then rain and snow are possible on Sunday, when the mercury should only make it to the mid-30s.
Here is the seven-day outlook from the National Weather Service:
• Today, Thanksgiving Day: Sunny, with a high near 62. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
• Tonight: A 20 percent chance of rain. Increasing clouds, with a low around 45. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
• Friday: Rain, mainly before noon. High near 55. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
• Friday night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 36. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
• Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
• Saturday night: Rain after midnight. Low around 32. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
• Sunday: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 8 a.m., then gradually ending. Patchy blowing snow between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. High near 36. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
• Sunday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Blustery.
• Monday: Sunny, with a high near 38.
• Monday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
• Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 37.
• Tuesday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
• Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 42.