One person was taken to the hospital after being burned in a garage fire in Leavenworth, a Fire Department spokesman said.

One person was taken to the hospital after being burned in a garage fire in Leavenworth, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The man’s injuries are not considered life-threatening, according to Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department.

The fire was reported at 11:52 a.m. Monday at 807 Limit St.

The fire started inside a detached garage. DeMaranville said four people were living in the garage.

The fire is blamed on a heating pad that apparently caught a couch on fire inside the garage.

“All of the occupants were sleeping at the time,” DeMaranville said.

But they were able to make it out of the garage. However, one of them was burned while attempting to put out the fire.

No other injuries were reported.

The garage was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived, DeMaranville said.

The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage to the garage and an additional $1,000 in damage to the building’s contents.